Hill Briefing, FISA Section 702: The Need for Reform
Washington, DC 20515June 9 , 2016
Join the Center for Democracy & Technology for a briefing on Capitol Hill, hosted by US Representatives Zoe Lofgren and Ted Poe, on the upcoming reauthorization of the FISA Section 702 surveillance program, which is scheduled to sunset on December 31, 2017.
During the briefing, privacy and civil liberties advocates will discuss the importance of reforming the 702 intelligence surveillance program, focusing on three overarching concerns: the broad scope of the program, the backdoor search loophole, and the need for greater transparency.
- Opening Remarks: Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-CA) and Rep. Ted Poe (R-TX), United States House of Representatives
- Moderator: Julian Hattem, Reporter, The Hill
- Elizabeth Goitein, Co-Director, Liberty & National Security Program, Brennan Center for Justice
- Greg Nojeim, Director, Freedom, Security & Technology Project, Center for Democracy & Technology
- Julian Sanchez, Senior Fellow, Cato Institute
- Marc Zwillinger, Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court Amicus Curiae and Founder & Managing Member, Zwillgen PLLC
Date: 9 Jun, 2016
Time: 12:00 – 1:00 PM
2255 Rayburn House Office Building
Place: Washington, DC 20515