The Center for Democracy & Technology (CDT) is looking for an IT and Web Administrator to join our passionate team of digital rights advocates. This position will manage all of CDT’s IT and web systems, while also having the opportunity to work closely with our team of public interest technologists. As a prominent technology policy organization, CDT strives to be a leader in the implementation and integration of secure, privacy-focused, and innovative systems.
An ideal candidate should have experience supporting Apple MacBooks, iMacs, IOS devices, as well as supporting networking and printers. Daily responsibilities will include:
- Purchasing and deploying computers & laptops;
- Schedule IT repairs and facilitate process;
- Give advice on best practices for OS X, Google’s G Suite, and other communications systems;
- Provide technical assistance for conference room meetings and external events; and
- Troubleshooting network issues.
We are open to a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences for this position, with the following requirements:
- Experience supporting Apple machines and devices
- Great communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting ability and resourcefulness
- G Suite admin experience
- Firm understanding of how the internet works, and in particular how websites work
Experience with and understanding of the following is strongly desired and will be key differentiators for applicants:
- Network security
- PFsense or other network firewall/router
- UniFi Admin – Network switches/Wifi Access Points
- VOIP Phones
- OSX management through JAMF or Fleetsmith
- Web Hosting and WordPress
- CrowdStrike products and services
- Linux OS experience
- Digital Ocean or AWS Admin experience
- Cisco WebEx admin experience
- Audio Visual servers for large meeting rooms
Additionally, we hope to find a candidate with a strong interest in CDT’s work and a passion for advocating for digital rights.
Interested applicants should send a short cover letter and resume to [email protected].