The Center for Democracy & Technology is seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team as the Programs Assistant / Office Administrator. This position serves as the first point of contact for many of our stakeholders and helps ensure that CDT is a highly functioning, positive place to work.
The job requires an individual with the ability to handle a broad range of administrative and executive support tasks with very little supervision. An ideal candidate will have enthusiasm and energy for office administration, and demonstrate a passion for our digital rights mission. CDT welcomes applicants who seek to use this administrative position to gain greater exposure to public policy work. This position is located in CDT’s Washington, DC office.
CDT is a leading nonprofit public interest organization working at the cutting edge of technology and social justice. With expertise in law, technology, and policy, CDT engages in a variety of strategies to enhance online expression and privacy, including advocacy, public education, and research. CDT works on legislation, participates in agency rulemakings, engages in litigation, and fosters consensus-building among public interest and private sector stakeholders. CDT has offices in Washington, DC and Brussels. For more information, please visit our About page.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for CDT operations;
- Support core accounting functions, including preparing bills & invoices, processing payments & donations, assisting with annual audit, processing credit card expenses & collecting receipts, and managing expense reimbursement process;
- Assist with administrative Human Resource functions, including job postings, onboarding, digital maintenance of employment files, and exploring options for different employee benefits;
- Manage meeting and event logistics, including planning and day-of execution;
- Manage calendars for organization meeting spaces and our CEO’s calendar; make bookings for domestic and international travel;
- Organize and maintain optimal office conditions, including tracking office equipment & supplies, and maintaining accounts and relations with vendors and property management;
- Carry out filing and data management for organizational documents, records and reports;
- Greet visitors to CDT’s DC office and maintain guest list for building security;
- Answer phones, direct calls, and record messages; and
- Other duties as assigned.
The Programs Assistant / Office Administrator is a support staff position, designed for candidates with a college degree and 2-3 years of experience, or equivalent work experience. An ideal candidate will be eager to gain experience in a high-performing public policy organization; able to interact and engage with all levels of staff and visitors; proactive, efficient, resourceful, highly professional, and respectful of confidentiality.
- Proficiency with standard web-based collaborative office software, as well as systems such as PowerPoint, Excel, and G Suite;
- Experience with Quickbooks a plus;
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills;
- Strong schedule management skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Attention to detail and resourcefulness;
- Ability to operate standard office equipment;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; and
Salary is commensurate with experience and is competitive with public interest and government pay scales. CDT also offers excellent benefits, including health care and dental coverage, a retirement plan, and generous vacation and parental leave.
CDT offers substantial autonomy within a team environment, and fosters opportunities for staff wishing to learn more about and engage with the organization’s policy work.
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Open until filled.
CDT provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.