CDT’s headed back to Austin! We’re excited to once again go to the annual SXSW Interactive Festival this March to share some of our ideas, meet amazing new people, and see the latest innovations in tech.
This year, you’ll find us in five sessions, and we’ll continue to co-host the CDT/ R Street tech policy happy hour for advocates, entrepreneurs, legislators, and friends. Below is everything we are doing at SXSW.
Hope to see you in the Lone Star State! #cdtsxsw
Saturday, March 11
5:00-8:00PM: Tech Policy Happy Hour
- CDT, and the R Street Institute bring together creative minds and the best of the policy crowd for a spirited evening of conversation, networking, and refreshment. CCIA, CSM Passcode, Entertainment Software Association, and Glen Echo Group are our sponsors this year – thank you! To request an invite or for sponsorship opportunities, reach out to Elizabeth at [email protected].
Sunday, March 12
11:00AM – 12:00PM: Wellness or Else: Privacy in Workplace Wellness
- Featuring Michelle De Mooy + Elizabeth Weingarten, Ifeoma Ajunwa, Oren Frank
- Austin Convention Center, Room 9C
11:00AM – 12:00PM: Small Plates, Big Data: Food Tracking & Privacy
- Featuring Ali Lange + Ellen Broad, Toke Vandervoort
- The Driskill Ballroom, 604 Brazos St
11:00AM – 12:00PM: Can She Say That? Women Creating Civility Online
- Featuring Nuala O’Connor + Jane Fleming, Rebecca Fernandez
- JW MARRIOTT, Salon AB, 110 E 2nd St
2:00PM – 3:00PM: Ethics and Values in Digital Trade Policies
3:30PM – 4:30PM: Can Grace Survive in the Digital Age?
- Featuring Brian Wesolowski + Caresse Giles, Sarah Kaufman
- JW Marriott, Salon FG, 110 E 2nd St