Date: Monday, May 15, 2023
Time: 3:00 p.m. ET
It’s impossible to talk about the problems with American democracy—polarization, misinformation, disenfranchisement—without also talking about digital technologies. On May 15, Democracy Journal will convene a group of esteemed experts for a wide-ranging conversation on the perils to democracy if we get technology policy wrong—and how to get it right.
- Visiting Fellow at the Brookings Institution, and former Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Tom Wheeler
- President and CEO of the Center for Democracy & Technology, a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization focused on protecting human rights and democratic values in the digital age, Alexandra Givens
- Director of the Center for Tech Responsibility at Brown University, the Deputy Director of the Data Science Initiative, and a professor of Computer Science and Data Science, Suresh Venkatasubramanian
- Co-director of the Information Futures Lab, at the Brown University School of Public Health, Claire Wardle
- Moderated by Issie Lapowsky, a journalist covering technology and politics.