TechProm and You: A User’s Guide
Written by Catherine Brack
If you’re new to DC but deep into tech policy, or deep into DC but new to tech policy, chances are you’ve heard a lot of chatter lately about TechProm. Want to know everything about TechProm but too afraid to ask? We’ve got you covered.
TechProm is CDT’s largest public-facing fundraiser of the year, held each spring in conjunction with the IAPP Global Privacy Summit in Washington, DC. As we start our 20th anniversary year, there is a lot to celebrate – not only 20 years of effecting real change in Internet policy, but also a new CEO, Nuala O’Connor.
At this point, you may be thinking – OK, another rubber chicken, DC dinner, right? Wrong. Read on to find out how TechProm goes above and beyond other DC events.
- No rubber chicken. We have great food, and a bar that is there at the ready for your drink order. Vegan? Gluten Free? No worries – we have you covered.
- The Convention Center. While it is a massive space, it has one of the best areas for a networking reception in the city. Located in the south building across the street from the Carnegie Library, the 3rd floor atrium is floor-to-ceiling windows and will be wall-to-wall Internet policy folks.
- You have a blue (black/grey) suit. We have a nametag. Put one on, and everyone will instantly want to chat you up.
- Networking – want to see why #TechProm will be a trending hashtag in DC on 3/5/14? Come join us and 800 of our BFF’s to find out.
- Who’s Who. If you work in policy or for a tech company, you’ll want to be there. Check out which of your friends is supporting our event at www.cdt.org/techprom.
- CDT’s legacy at your fingertips. We’ve created an interactive timeline of CDT’s history and will debut it at the #TechProm during the reception. Look for the VERY LARGE touch screen devices.
- Short program. You read that correctly – we have no outside speakers, and will keep this year’s program short, sweet and a wee bit sentimental.
- DJ Bennie C. As in after-party talent. Desserts, open bar and amazing tunes.