Tech Talk: Innovative Thinking at SXSW
Written by Brian Wesolowski
The CDT team was out in full force at the annual SXSW Interactive Festival in Austin. We were part of five discussion sessions, hosted a happy hour with our friends at the R Street Institute, and most importantly, met a ton of new, creative people.
Tech Talk came along for the ride and we had the chance to chat with a great mix of the entrepreneurs, advocates, and nonprofit leaders who were in attendance. Some of the topics we talked about included the Newseum’s plans to bring more virtual reality to the museum, technology and criminal justice reform, and how games can impact news. We also camped out at the EU House at SXSW and chatted with some entrepreneurs who were featuring their businesses there. In this podcast, you get a chance to hear from:
- Ifeoma Ajunwa, Fellow & Assistant Professor, Berkman Klein Center, Harvard, Assistant Professor of Law, University of the District of Columbia
- Michelle De Mooy, Privacy & Data Director, CDT
- Jorge Gomez, CEO & Co-Founder, Canard Drones
- Mitch Gelman, Chief Technology Officer, Newseum
- Lindsay Grace, Director, American University Game Lab & Studio
- Jeffery Herbst, President & CEO, Newseum
- Olivier Plante, CEO, ThingThing
- Andre Ramos, Founder, Tripaya
- Jordan Richardson, Senior Policy Analyst, Charles Koch Institute
- Elizabeth Weingarten, Director, Global Gender Parity Initiative, New America
We’re also planning a number of future podcast segments with people we met at SXSW – much more to come. I hope you enjoy this episode!