Seven Tips for a Successful TechProm
CDT’s TechProm is less than a week away and we look forward to welcoming you all as we celebrate our 20 years of dedication to keeping the Internet open, innovative and free. This year we will be even more jovial than years past, so here are seven tips to help you maximize your TechProm:
- Show up. This seems simple, but remember, we’ve changed venues this year. The 2014 TechProm is at the Washington Convention Center, located at 801 Mount Vernon Avenue, NW. We are in the South building directly across the street from the Carnegie Library. Head to the third floor and get your prom on.
- Dress for success. This means stylish but comfortable shoes. You don’t want your dogs barking when the dance floor heats up.
- Pace yourself. With a party that starts at 5:30 and ends at midnight, there is ample time to meet, greet, eat and have one neat.
- Smile. We love photos of happy prom goers. We have roaming photographers, and back by popular demand, a great photo booth.
- Listen. We have a new CEO and she’s got lots of ideas for the future.
- Meet someone new. Put that name tag to good use. You never know who will be your next client, boss or colleague.
- Watch the clock. Just like Cinderella’s ball, the TechProm (and most parking garages) closes at midnight. Want to stay out later? Take a cab/uber/metro and ask us about the after-after party.
If I missed anything, feel free to email me at email@example.com. See you March 5!