CDT’s Annual Dinner: What You Need to Know
Written by Tim Hoagland
CDT’s Annual Dinner, Tech Prom, is just days away. Hopefully you’ve been following along with our blog to learn more about our exciting line up of speakers, FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler and European Data Protection Supervisor, Giovanni Buttarelli.
But to help you get the most out of the evening, here’s everything else you need to know ––
Date: Tuesday, March 10, 2015
Time: 5:30 – 10:00 p.m.
Place: The Walter E. Washington Convention Center
South Building, 3rd Floor
801 Mount Vernon Place, NW
Washington, DC 20001
- Driving: Parking is available at area garages.
- Metro: Please take the Yellow/Green line to Mt. Vernon Square/7th St./Convention Center.
- Consider taking a taxi, Lyft, or Uber.
- CDT is partnering with Lyft for the event. First time Lyft users get a free first ride using this code: https://www.lyft.com/
– 5:30 p.m. Registration & Cocktail Reception (South Lobby)
A coat check is available for all guests in room 301, located close to the registration tables.
– 6:45 p.m. Ballroom doors open
– 7:00 p.m. Dinner begins
The main entree will be Lemongrass Ginger Sea Bass with Red Wine Reduction, Spaghetti Squash and Heirloom Vegetables. A vegetarian option will also be available.
– 7:45 p.m. Program begins
Featuring remarks by Tom Wheeler, Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission and Giovanni Butarelli, European Data Protection Supervisor.
– 8:30 p.m. Program concludes and is followed by a dessert reception and after-party.
What should I wear?
- Dress is business or cocktail – you’ll get a great mix.
We are pleased to announce that charging stations will be available throughout the evening, thanks to our Platinum sponsors eBay, Facebook, Google and Microsoft. We truly appreciate the support of our Platinum sponsors and thank them for making these amenities possible.
Those of you attending our annual dinner, we’ll see you there! If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out to Catherine Brack at [email protected].